Cold Weather Camping
Winter camping can be fun… but it can also be dangerous.
If you’re planning an upcoming cold weather campout or event, please review this helpful BSA website on some ways to ensure your troop lives up to the Scout Motto of “Be Prepared”.
Some key items from the BSA website to keep in mind:
1) Make a plan. Cold weather can be unforgiving. Plan for the unexpected.
2) Make sure everyone is physically prepared. That means you too, leaders!
3) Proper nutrition is important. You’ll need quality AND quantity.
4) Two-deep leadership is more important than ever.
5) Proper equipment is crucial. Go over every item needed on this trip with each Scout, and possibly with their parents.
Cold Winter events can be the most fun Scouts will have all year… but only if everyone stays safe.