Welcome to the HANDBOOK HAVEN!
Hopefully all your questions regarding the new Boy Scout Requirements and Handbook will be answered RIGHT HERE!
- When will the new handbook be in? It's in NOW - still waiting on the spiral bound, though. The retail price for the "perfect bound" is $14.99.
- Do I HAVE to get the new book if I already have the previous edition? Don't throw out your current handbook with all its valuable signatures and dates! We have an interim solution for you - download this printable insert and voila!
- I'm currently working on a rank...do I switch gears and start using the new requirements for that rank??? Well, it depends upon which rank you are currently working...
- ?New Scouts who just joined in 2016 need to use the NEW REQUIREMENTS...better get that new book!
- Those working on Tenderfoot through First Class may continue under the old requirements but convert to the new requirements one they reach Frist Class...hang onto your current book!
- Those who are already First Class and above may complete your current rank (i.e., Star or Life) but then you must convert over to the new requirements after that.
- EVERYONE must use the new requirements beginning January 1st, 2017, no matter what rank you are at that time.
- Is there a handy-dandy printable document that will answer all these questions and more? Yes! Yes, there is! Download here.
- What exactly ARE the main changes? It would be nice to see the previous requirements and the new requirements side by side... Welllll, we just so happen to have a Side-by-Side Comparison Document - warning, it's lengthy! Probably a good one for the Unit's Advancement Chair to have...
Other Boy Scout Advancement changes links:
US Scouting Service Project - Boy Scout Advancement Requirement Changes