The Pendola Sierra Adventure Base is located in the north east corner of camp. In addition to serving as the base camp for our week-long backpacking adventures into the Carson-Iceberg and Emigrant Wilderness Areas, it is also home to our brand new program area:
Pendola Ultimate Mini Adventures
This program will help to broaden the horizons of the young men who choose to participate. Our program offers experiences that your youth wouldn't be able to experience at a traditional summer camp setting.
Choose from our Trek Menu or participate in any of the following Mini Adventures:
- Rock climbing and rappelling at Burst Rock
- 5-mile Bear Den Loop
- Horseback riding at Kennedy Meadows (approx $75 per person for a full day (4.5-6 hrs)).
- Day hikes with backcountry lake swimming or fishing
- Canoe and Kayak outposts at Beardsley Reservoir or Pinecrest
- Team-building exercises (slacklining, life-size battleship, and much more!)
- Cycling trips possible (bring a bike...limited availability from camp)
- Practice orienteering skills while in the backcountry, compass/GPS.
The Pendola Sierra Adventure base is designed for the older scout and Varsity scout who is looking for more than just a merit badge program. We encourage you to “spice up” your week at camp by participating in these programs!